Beetroot, Pickled Apricot & Goats Cheese Salad
I’ve been eating more salads whilst the weather has been warm and pickled apricot slices are my new favourite addition. They add a sweet but savoury tang and when paired with earthy beetroots and creamy goats cheese, the sweetness lends itself like cranberry sauce on turkey!
When I first started photographing food I always lent towards sweet treats and indulgent desserts but as I’ve progressed I can see the beauty in a simple salad, or a cracking toasted sandwich! Thing is they all photograph the same, you just need the confidence to try it! I shot this at lunchtime, and enjoyed it whilst editing the images. That for me is the perfect lunch break!
Lockdown has provided me with something I never thought I had time for before. So as we return to ‘normality’ I’m exciting to take these skills with me and create more exciting and mouth watering imagery!
|3-4||Mini Beetroots, already prepared|
- Start by cutting the apricot into thin slices.
- Place in a ramekin with the cider vinegar and leave to infuse.
- In a bowl dress the salad leaves with the olive oil, 1tsp of the apricot vinegar and sat and pepper.
- To serve, arrange the salad leaves, beetroot, goats cheese and apricot slices (leaving the remaining vinegar in the ramekin) onto a plate.
- Garnish with cress and serve.