Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins
Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins are a classic use for raspberries that are starting to overripe, or when they unfortunately end up in the reduced section of the supermarket.
Unfortunately, two months ago raspberries were really difficult to come by, but now they’re in such an abundance they’re being prepared to be thrown away.
When we can, we grab anything that’s reduced, even fruit! Once we’re home, we wash it and pop it in a freezable bag ready for whenever we need it.
- Pre-heat oven to 200/Gas Mark 6.
- Half the raspberries and chop chocolate into large chunks.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into large bowl.
- Stir sugar into flour mixture.
- Melt the butter.
- In separate bowl crack the egg, whisk in the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
- Fold in raspberries and white chocolate. Be careful not to be too rough, as raspberries will be easily damaged.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm.
- Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream.